Monday, August 15, 2005

let's blow this popsicle stand

ah, monday. another day when the oppressive heat urges me to stay inside as much as possible. one can't dance to blur in her tighty whiteys (okay, tighty camouflage-ys) on the street, can one?
went to the nicest french restaurant on friday. had a big plate of steak frites washed down with a glass of red wine. the creme brulee was orgasmic. it made me think of how, if i hadn't decided to go to adschool, i'd be in paris now.
there's a bloody good chance i'll be leaving the states soon, if only temporarily.
we've applied to programs in amsterdam & london.
the mere thought of going back to london had me high all weekend. the saatchi office is in camden, 3 tube stops away from my neighborhood. the thought of being in london for my favourite season- when you can smell the dampness of the earth beneath a blanket of leaves, when it's cold enough to inspire a quickness in your step but warm enough to make you rise from bed with a sense of purpose & delight, when tea tastes even better- thrills me.
it's been two years since i went back and i miss my family. i miss night buses & blistering curries. i miss museums & plays on a sunday afternoon. i miss, well, everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want more.... Give me more blog goodness.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.