Saturday, June 07, 2008

MIA

i've been remiss in writing because, well, i'm writing elsewhere. after 3 long, thoroughly humbling months of halfemployment, i found a gig. and a damn good one.

i'm now at a small shop called mr youth, where i've taken on the role of senior copywriter in a team of totally bright creatives. the work we tackle is all about interaction, redefining dialogues between brands and people by creating genuine experiences instead of stale "buy me" media tactics. but no-one reeeeally wants to hear 'bout advertising, huh? great thing is- it looks like i'm on a path to being developed for an even better position. hopefully. funny, huh? after i struggled and moaned, and consistently doubted my work and capabilities? not that you know that. hrm...

but i'm happy, seriously. it's nice to feel like i'm getting my bearings again.

what else is going on in the world of e?

drooling over this bass, because i've suddenly become obsessed with learning how to play. maybe it's all the dreams i'm having about my long-lost father, who was an incredibly gifted musician who would wax poetic about the throb of the bass that traveled through his body when he played.

looking forward to this concert, as i've never seen goldfrapp OR massive attack (ok, sue me for talking about this trip ONCE MORE, but it has since become a reality instead of mere speculation). this mini jaunt will be sandwiched between time in london for a family do, and am thrilled to see some of my favourite people ever.

casually looking for a new flat (only a possibility) and getting inspiration for my overall design theme. quite funny, actually. every time i move, i seem to gravitate to different styles. i went from ultra modern, to ultra retro, to urban baroque & feminine. my, how things change.

reading, reading, reading.

and obsessing over strawberry mojitos sipped in the garden.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, some of us remember when you were stuck in limbo and wasting away in Miami. I'm going to go ahead and say that the traveling and internships have completely changed your life. It's been hard, but you're getting there....

And me, I estimate I'm about 2 years behind you. Guess that means I'll have to be in NYC by 2010, eh? In the mean time, I'm trying to make my place as much as a modern NYC pad as possible. Bamboo floors, new kitchen, and enough IKEA to make Ed Norton blush...just a home refinancing away.

Anonymous said...

Nice to know the hot mess keeps carving up the cosmos. You're certainly the best and brightest and deserve it the most. You should take it up a tier and then another tier after that. And then another. You've got panache and gusto and mojo and je ne sais quoi... although I don't know what the latter means. Intangibles. Hope all is well, dear.